- Created by: kt6382
- Created on: 25-03-14 11:04
The biggest and most democratic change to the electoral system- it added the greatest number of voters to the franchise out of all the Reform Acts.
- The 1832 Act had enfranchised the middle classes in the borough constituencies- franchise also made uniform
- 1867 Reform Act had given the vote to many working class voters in the borough constituencies
- The law in 1884 extended this franchise to the counties
Reasons for the 1884 Reform Act
- Increased pressure ffor further parliamentary reform came from Chamberlai and the Radicals within the Liberal party. They argued that although householders in the boroughs could vote, in the countryside agricultural labourers and other workers…