- Created by: gcsebookworm13
- Created on: 09-02-20 12:24
Who was there:
- Prime Minister Winston Churchill (Britain)
- President Franklin D Roosevelt (USA)
- Premier Joseph Stalin (USSR)
- To agree on a post-war settlement
- To decide what to do with Germany once it had been defeated, as an Allied victory was looking likely.
In many ways, the Yalta Conference set the scene for the rest of the Cold War in Europe.
1) Germany would be divided into four zones of occupation with the USSR, Britain, France and the USA each controlling a zone. France had been liberated from Nazi Germany and was included at the conference partly due to pressure from the French leader, General de Gaulle, but also because Britain wanted a European ally with whom it could share…