1. The 1549 prayer book. Hence why this is sometimes referred to as the prayer book rebellion.
2. The fear of the crown ********* the churches. The Archdeacon William Body kept pushing for further reform which made him seem greedy.
3. The resentment at high taxation to fund wars.
4. Frustation at the increasing inflation because of debasing the coinage.
5. Class antagonism between the landowners and labourers (enclosure)
In 1549 men from Cornwall set up an armed camp at Bodwin on 6th June.
Arundel, a local gentleman is chosen to lead the rebellion by a local priest.
By the 10th the peasants were demonstating in Bodmin.
Another local gentleman…