- portrayed as native/savage of the island but is ultimately the rightful ruler
- - 'this island's mine by Sycorax' - goes agains the divine right od kings - Prospero is a usurper
- - Marxist reading = capitalism materialises people
- - demonstrated by the fact that Prospero never refers to him by his name but as a thing 'beast' or 'slave'
- - would encourage Caliban to rebel and try to become rightful king.
- loving of Prospero and sensitive deep down
- - 'and then i loved…
Similar English Literature resources: