- Industrialisation helped improve economy it sparked changes which proved to be disastarous to the Tsarist regime.
- A new Urban working class and middle class were formed.
The Middle Class
- Which collar workers such as doctors, factory owners and teachers became more prominent in society.
- Many played an important role in the Dumas and Zemstvas.
- Because of a lack of national assembly they were often seen as oppositional rather than pillars of the community such as in other Western countries.
Urban Growth and Conditions
-The urban population quadrupled.
-Factory workers made up three percent of the population.
-Most worked in appauling conditions and mortality rates were high.
-Some were housed in barrack style blocks while others shared rented rooms in over crowded blocks where they ate in communal canteens and shared bath houses.
-The worst off had to sleep…