- Created by: KimNoel
- Created on: 07-02-19 10:01
2nd five year plan
- Annoced in May 1958, at the 18th CCP congress.
- New targets set for industrial growth and agriculturewas to be modernised.
- Called this the great leap forward, Mao was impatient at the slow pace of the progress.
- Mao wanted China tyo become a modern industrial power.
- industrialisation depended on agriculture becoming more productive and efficient in order to feed the industrial workforce.
- Debates with radicals and conservations about the best way forward.
- Mao confidence was high.
- Cadres were anxious to prove themselves.
- Mao needed to demonstrate his credentials as the next lead of the communist world.
- Plan reliance on mass peasent mobilisation fitted with Mao's thinking.
- The greatest degree of decentralisation…