- Created by: ambercowan98
- Created on: 19-06-17 11:54
How the war started
- Russia's foreign policy was determined by the size of the Russian Empire, and the protection of its many frontiers was a constant preoccupation. The Russian government had three main reasons for going to war with Japan:
- They wanted to expand in the Far East, to make up for the relative decline in Europe.
- They wanted to obtain an ice-free port, as all of Russia's major ports on its Northern coastline were frozen over for some part of the year.
- They wanted to distract people from Russia's own domestic…