- Created by: emilydrake267
- Created on: 21-03-21 15:58
THE NATIONAL SERVICE ACT (No.2)
Context of the Act:
- Came into force in December 1941.
- Built upon the earlier regristration with the conscription of all single, childless women aged 20-30 (19-40 in 1943) to war related service.
- By 1943, 6.75 million women, 43% of all those aged 14-59, worked in the industry or civil defence with a further 500,000 serving in the armed forces.
- Women were given support rather than combat roles in either the: Women's Auxiallry Air Force (WAAF) ,…