- Created by: bethheafford
- Created on: 05-01-17 13:07
LIGHT DEPENDENT STAGE = OCCURS IN GRANA
It involved the direct use of light energy. This stage consists of...
- light harvesting at the photosystems
- photolysis of water
- photophosphorylation - the production of ATP in the prescence of light
- the formation of reduced NADP
- oxygen is produced
Two Types of Photosystem:
- In photosystem I, the pigment at the primary reaction centre is a type of chlorophyll a, which has a peak absorption of red light of wavelength 700nm.
- In photosystem II, the pigment at the primary reaction centre is also a type of chlorophyll a, but this has a peak absorption of red light of wavelength 680nm.
The Role of Water: