Paper 1 : Autocracy and Revolt in Russia : 1881 - 1914
The growth of opposition to Tsarist rule
- Emergence of opposition groups including the Constitutional Democrats (Cadets), Octobrists, Social Revolutionary Party and Social Democrats.
- Conservative group who supported the October Manifesto
- 1913, led by Guchkov
- The Tsar's loyal supporters
- They thought that he had gone too far in removing the Duma's rights.
- They warned the Tsar that a catastrophe would occur if the government was not respected.
- Constitutional Democrats (Cadets)
- Liberal group in the Duma
- Led by Milyukov
- Represented middle class professions and businessmen.
- They wanted a constitutional monarchy
- Social Democrats
- In 1903, they split into Mensheviks and Bolsheviks
- Mensheviks (Men of minority) led by Martov