- Created by: LydiaMae1401
- Created on: 24-11-19 16:48
- A network of glands across the body that secrete chemical messages called hormones.
- Helps to regulate the activity of cells and organs in the body.
- Uses blood vessels around the body to target a specific cell to produce different effects.
- Connected to the pituitary gland and is responsible for stimulating or controlling the release of hormones from the pituitary gland.
- Control system which regulates the endocrine system.
- Master gland because the hormones released by the pituitary gland control and stimulate the release of hormones from other glands in the endocrine system.
- Divided into the anterior (front) and posterior (rear) lobes, which release different hormones.
- Anterior lobe releases adrenocortical trophic hormones (ACTH) which stimulates the adrenal cortex and the release of cortisol.