- Created by: Emilywilkinson12
- Created on: 30-04-18 14:57
- The key features of the endocrine system:
- The endocrine system works alongside the nervous system to control vital functions in the body through the action of hormones. It works much more slowly than the nervous system but has widespread and powerful effects.
- Glands are organs in the body that produce hormones. The major endocrine gland is the pituitary gland, located in the brain. It is called the 'master gland' because it controls the release of hormones from all other endocrine glands in the body.
- Hormones are secreted in the bloodstream and affect any cell in the body that has a receptor for that particular hormone. For example, thyroxine produced by the thyroid gland affects…