- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 10-02-19 19:49
The Donner Party
- The Donner party deviated from the trail and froze to death.
- The final obstacle to their journey was the Sierra Nevada mountain range, which was dangerous as they could get snowed in as it was winter.
- When the party approached Utah, they chose to take a 'shortcut', supposedly 200 miles shorter, yet actually it was 100 miles longer.
- The Donner party had to stop for repairs, using up precious time, so they got snowed in.
- After 3 weeks, they ran out of food, and they tried to survive by eating pack animals and dirt.
- In Christmas 1846, they ate their first human.
- Migrants had to complete their journey before winter, or they'd get snowed in.