- Created by: Rach_AB
- Created on: 21-04-17 16:54
The Development Gap
Contrasts in development means that the world can be divided up in many ways - Contrasts using different measures of development to include GNP, GNI per head, Human Development Inndex (HDI), birth and death rates, infant mortality, people per docto, literacy rte, access to safe water and life expectnancy:
- Correlation between the different measures.
- Limitations/ways of using a single development measure.
- Different ways of classifying different parts of the world.
- The relationship between qualityof life and standard of living
Global inequalities are exacerbated by physical and human factors:
- Environmental Factors - The impact of natural hazards. Case Study - Haiti, Earthquake
- Economic factors - Global imbalance…