The Central Nervous System
- Made up of the brain and the spinal cord.
- It is responsible for sending, receiving and interpreting information from the body - It monitors and coordinates internal organ functioning and responds to changes in the external environment.
- Impulse control, judgement, memory, motor skills, language, planning, coordinating.
- Controlling and executing behaviour.
- Thinking, planning and decision making.
- Processes tactile and sensory information such as pressure, touch and pain.
- Interprets sensory information.
- Auditory information.
- Interpreting sounds and the language we hear.
- Linked to formation of memories.
- Visual information.
- Interprets visual stimuli and information.
Structure and Role of a Neuron
The cell body of a neuron contains the cell nucleus, which houses the genetic…