- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 20-02-19 04:48
- Along with the spinal cord, the brain is part of the central nervous system.
- It is made up of billions of interconnected neurones.
- The brain is in charge of all our complex behaviours. It controls and co-ordinates everything you do- running, breathing, sleeping, memory.
- The brain has three main regions (+ the spinal cord) which are the medulla, cerebellum and cerebral cortex.
- The cerebral cortex is the outer, wrinkly layer that is responsible for things like consciousness, memory, intelligence, and language.
- The cerebellum is at the back of the head just above the neck, and is responsible for muscle co-ordination.
- The medulla is at the front of the head just above the spinacl cord, and controls unconscious activities like breathing and heartbeats.
- If a small part of the brain is damaged, the effect this has on the patient can tell you a lot about what the damaged part of…