- Created by: study-shauna
- Created on: 05-05-18 19:24
The behavioural approach to explaining phobias:
- Suggests that all behaviour is learned rather than being inherited, including phobias.
- Mowrer proposed the two process model to explain how phobias are learned.
- The first stage (initiation) is classical conditioning, which is learning through association. An association is formed between the neutral stimulus, which is something normal like a white rat, and the unconditioned stimulus, something that creates fear like a loud noise, when they are consistently paired, creating the UCR of fear.
- The NS takes on the properties of the…