- Created by: wanjikar
- Created on: 01-02-20 09:57
- The Battle of Dien Bien Phu was the climactic confrontation of the First Indochina War between the French Union's French Far East Expeditionary Corps and Viet Minh communist-nationalist revolutionaries.
- It was, from the French view before the event, a set-piece battle to draw out the Vietnamese and destroy them with superior firepower.
- The battle occurred between March and May 1954
- It finished in a comprehensive French defeat that influenced negotiations underway at Geneva among several nations over the future of Indochina.
- As a result…