- Lucretia was the virtuous wife of Collatinus.
- While at war, young warriors boasted about what their wives were doing back in Rome, each claiming their wife was the most virtuos in their absence.
- They decided and see for themselveswhose wife was the most virtuous.
- All the men except Collatinus found their wives banqueting while Collatinus' wife Lucretia was in her atrium with her maidservants working wool by lamplight.
- The Kings son Sextus Tarquinus became obsessed with desire for the virtuous woman.
- Sextus returned some nights later and…
Similar Classical Civilization resources: