· Thatcher and Reagan.
· In Ronald Reagan, Thatcher found a political soul mate.
· They had similar policies and outlooks on the role of the state and the free market.
· Both followed very similar social and economic policies. M
· aybe more importantly, there was a strong personal fondness and chemistry; they became close friends.
· Under Thatcher, the ‘special relationship’ was strengthened, and Britain was undoubtedly the USA’s closes ally.
· Britain supported the US when it bombed Libya and allowed RAF bases to be used for the mission. Britain was armed with American nuclear missiles and there were rarely any policy differences with relations with the Eastern Bloc.
· Her subservience to the USA was further illustrated, perhaps, during the Westland…