Types of plate margin
DESTRUCTIVE PLATE MARGINS :-
- Convection currents in the mantle casue the plates to move together.
- If one plate is made from oceanic crust and the other from continental crust, the denser oceanic crust sinks under the lighter continental crust.
- This process is called subduction.
- Great pressure is exerted and the oceanic crust is destroyed as it melts to form magma.
- If two continental plates meet they collide, rather than one sinking beneath the other.
- This collision boundary is a different type of destructive margin.
CONSTRUCTIVE PLATE MARGINS :-