- Created by: Zoe Alford
- Created on: 03-06-11 12:26
A Synapse is a Junction Between a Neurone and the Next Cell.
1. A synapse is the junction between a neurone and another neurone, or between a neurone and an effector cell e.g. a muscle or a gland cell.
2. The tiny gap between the cells of a synapse is called the synaptic cleft.
3. The presynaptic neurone (the one before the synapse) has a swelling called the synaptic knob. This contains synaptic vesicles filled with chemicals called neurotransmitters.
4. When an action potential reaches the end of a neurone…