Studies of isolated children
- Locked in a room by her father until she was 13 (he thought she was retarded).
- When found: couldn't stand erect or speak.
- She never recovered socially.
- She showed a disinterest in other people.
- Her lack of recovery may be due to her extreme early emotional privation.
- Alternatively, it may be due to the late age at which she was discovered, which would mean recovery was not possible (well past Bowlby's sensitive period)
The Czech Twins:
- Spend first 7 years locked…