- Created by: Bree-Ffionn
- Created on: 04-09-19 17:33
- Organic chemicals are carbon based compounds.
- They are compounds found in living organisms.
- There are diffrent families of organic compounds.
- These families are called homologous series.
- The alkanes found in crude oil are a few of the organic compounds found in teh alkane homologous series.
- Alkenes and alcholds are two more homologous series.
Alkanes and alkenes
- Alkanes are aliphatic saturated compound hydrocarbons.
- They only have single bonds and only contain carbon and hydrogen atoms.
- Methane is an alkane.
- Ane means it is a alkane.
- Meth shows how many carbons are present in the chain.
- Some alkanes are cyclic.
- They have rings of carbons.
- Alkenes are organic compounds containing a double bond and have the general formula Cn2H2n.
- They have similar names to alkanes with the same number of carbon atoms but the name ends in -ene.
- These two forms of but-2-ene are called isomers.
- Isomers are two ore more compounds that have the same general formula but a different arrangement of…