Stress - What are the causes of stress?
- Pressures of repetitive and responsible jobs are compared.
- Johansson found that people whose jobs involved responsibilty for meeting targets and lack of social contact were more stressed.
Study: Johansson 1978 - Measurement of stress response.
- To measure the psychological and physiological stress response in two categories of employees.
- Quasi experiment.
- Data collected through physiological measure of urine and self-report methods. I
- Independent measures design, no manipulation of IV.
- Each participant gave a daily urine sample…