- 2 pianos.
- No upper strings
- Extremes of range.
- Choir - use of voices.
- "Pres de la table" - played near the soundboard.
- Tells you how to create the timbre.
- Use of thirds as a harmonic device:
- Bars 29-30: G-Bb & Ab-C.
- Bar 28: C-Ab & Bb-D.
- Bar 5: Bb to D.
- BITONALITY - Eb major/C minor.
- Bar 152 - 'timpano' - no timpani playing - NO WORD PAINTING.
- Bar 165 - 'cymbalis' - NO CYMBALS IN THE PIECE.
- Every time it's played there's no orchestration.
- Unaccompanied, marked pp - insignificant/inadequate??
- Bar 3 - perfect cadence in C minor.
- Bar 7 - everyone playing the same notes and rhythm.
- Ends with a C chord - more or less the same as bar 7.
- Bars 29-30 & 109-112.
- Staccato quavers, playing 3rds on the beat (different pitches) - motif??
- Bar 24 - 6 note quaver rhythm, motif repeated.
- Bars 24 and 65 - starts after a quaver instead of a crotchet - word…