- Created by: F.W1234
- Created on: 22-01-19 15:00
Stem cell potency- the stem cells ability to differentiate into different cells is called its potency.
The greaterv number of cells it can differentiate into the greater it's potency.
- Totipotent- Stem cells that can differentiate into any type of cell, the zygote or fertilized egg are totipotent.
- Pluripotent- Stem cells that can form all types of tissue but not whole organisms, in embryoes and are the origin of all types of tissue in the body.
- Multipotent- Stem cells that can only form a range of cells within a certain type of tissue. Haematopoetic stem cells in bone marrow are multipotent as they can form various types of blood cells.
Sources in animal stem cells:
1) Embryonic stem cells- Present…