- Care that must be provided to people by law
- It is free to people at point of access
- Funded by the government through taxation and national insurance
- People must meet specific standards to be provided with the care, which is called 'eligibility criteria.'
- Certain services, such as dentistry, opticians, prescriptions and donations require payment due to the changes to the National Health Service that were made in the past. The charges for these services were introduced in in the 1950s in attempt to cut costs to the government.
- Ensures everybody has an equal access to health, social and educational…