How far do you agree that collectivisation was a success?
Collectivisation was supposed to make the peasants more socialist, modernise their farming methods whilst providing more money for industrialisation.
- Grain exports rose from 0.03 million tonnes in 1928 to 5 million tonnes in 1931
- In 1922 the Russian population was 22 million, which increased to 63 million in 1940
- 18 million horses and 100 million sheep and goats were burned/destroyed between 1929-1933
- 27,000 socially conscious workers volunteered to spread socialism, became called the twenty-five-thousanders.
- March 1930 approximately a…