A fracture is defined as 'a broken or cracked bone' it can be cause by impact eg a lifted ball in hockey, or a fall eg in rock climbing.
There are 5 different types of fracture.
- Greenstick- partly broken, not all the wya across.
- Comminuted- shattered bone, two or more pieces.
- Oblique- broken all the way across at an angle.
- transverse- a break straight across the bone.
- Impacted- pieces locked into each other.
There are also 2 different locations of fractures...
- open- when the bone is protruding out of the skin.
- closed- no breaking of the skin. Internal.
Soft tissue injuries.
These are also known as muscle injuries and can be a pulled muscle, or strain.
the different between a sprain and strain...
1. A sprain is an injury…