· Australian Institute of sport: Set up in 1981 after no gold’s in 1976 and poor performance in Commonwealth games.
· They have centres in each state that are run on an equal level.
· Provide sport science support, athlete career education (ACE), sponsorship, technology, coaching, facilities.
· Promising players are picked from club sides.
· Aussie rules draft system: Teams get to pick players from state leagues and national under 18 in the close season.
· Team that finishes bottom gets first pick of players.
· Negative aspect: teams at the bottom of the table…