- Created by: Khadija
- Created on: 16-02-20 15:22
Specific Heat Capacity Practical
1. To investigate a solid material e.g. copper, you'll need a block of the material with two holes in it. this is for the heater and thermometer to go into it.
2. Measure the mass of the block, then wrap it in an insulating layer (e.g. a thick layer of newspaper) to reduce the energy transferred from the block to the surroundings. Insert the thermometer and heater in the holes.
3. Measure the initial temperature of the block and set the potential difference of the power supply to 10V. Turn on the power supply and start a stop watch.
4. When power is on, the current…