- Very little cytoplasm
- This means they have plenty of room for large amounts of fat.
- Very few Mitochondria
- This is because they use very little energy.
- They can expand
- This is so they can fill up with fat up to 1000 times their original size.
Cool Men Explain
CONE CELLS FROM HUMAN EYE:
- Outer segment is filled with "visual pigment"
- This changes chemically in changed light and to be changed back it needs energy.
- The middle section has lots of mitochondria
- This means the cell has a lot of energy to change the visual pigment back to it's original form.
- The final part is…