- Created by: kimareemclean1
- Created on: 02-01-20 20:37
- The process where children learn the norms and values of their culture primarily through the family and also the media.
- The process where individuals continue to learn norms and values outside the family through education, religion, peers and the media throughout their life.
Nature/Nurture debate case studies
These are arguments for and against the view that socialisation is a fundamental part of human development.
Three identical strangers 1961 - triplets separated at birth for a social experiment.
- They all were similar and ended up with mental health problems. (NATURE)
Bruce Reimer 1965 - bad surgery led to him being brought up as a girl by his parents but he went back to a girl. (NATURE)
Genie Wiley - victim of abuse and isolation because her dad thought she was…