Social Learning Theory into NVC
- An infant imitates facial expressions they have observed from a caregiver.
- Children then continue this through learning appropriate non-verbal skills that they observe form others.
- If this behaviour is appropriate they will make friends but if the behaviour is inappropriate they will become socially isolated.
- If behaviour is positively reinforced then they are likely to repeat it.
- E.g. A child observes adults shaking hands, then a child imitates by offering an adult their hand. The adult will then smile and react positively, this is positive reinforcement. Therefore the child will learn that shaking hands is a positive greeting.
- Although if behaviour…