- Created by: 8AED0504
- Created on: 07-03-18 09:55
Social Impacts of Agriculture
The Uneven Distribution of Food
- The world's total food ouput is more than enough to feed everyone so under- nutrition is unecessary and is caused by an inability or unwillingness to distribute food more evenly.
- As with most tradeable materials, distribution depends on the ability to pay and the laws of supply and demand.
- More affluent people can afford to buy more basic food products than are needed, such as grain, oilseeds and fish.These are used to produce other more desirable goods such as meat.
- Nearly 1/2 of the world's arable crop production is fed to livestock to produce a much smaller amount of food. Although global arable ouput is growing, meat production is growing faster than this…