Social Impact theory
The impact is of some one is affected by;
- The number of people in the enviroment.
- The immediacy of the impact.
- The strength of the impact.
The theory is formulated as a mathematical model
Magnitude of impact= function*(strength/number)
This means that we can make rough judgements of the magnitude of impact but it is not exact.
This might account for the obedience of the teacher to the experementer when they were on there own in the orginal study, and then the change of the teacher disobeying when there was another teacher who they though was another participant.
- Use full as a predictive power because of the mathmatical formula.
- Reliable as the same mesurements can be applied to any group and if the same mesurement…