Explanations for Insomnia
- Short-Term Insomnia
- Some suffer difficulties in sleeping for short periods - few days or weeks. Tend to be caused by immediate worries.
- Long-Term (chronic) Insomnia
- Chronic Insmnia describes difficulties lasting over a month.
- Primary Insomnia
- Occurs when a person is having sleep problems that are not directly associated with any other health condition or physical cause.
- Individual may have developed bad sleeping habits which causes insomnia.
- Insomnia persists after the initial cause because of an expectation of sleep difficulty - leads to anxiety.
- Secondary Insomnia
- When a person is having sleep problems because of something else.
- Single underlying medical, psychiatric or environmental cause.
- Insomnia is a sympton of the main disorder.
- Insomnia is a characteristic sympton of illnesses.
- Typical of people who do shift work or who have circadian rhyth, disorders, phase delay synfrome, abnormal biological rhyht,s cause sleepiness at innapropriate times.
- Discomfort during sleeping can also cause insomniea by oler people; reduced…