- Created by: Olivia Grace Matthews
- Created on: 09-06-15 16:27
For a Question on the 1st Movement...
- It is in Sonata Form and Begins in D Minor
- Series of Motifs that are developed later on
- Figure 4 - Long Cantalina, Pleading at time with occasional support from the flutes .Also high register which creates intensity
- Figure 6 - 1a in Octaves in Strings, Long cantalina is 1d developed. Contrapuntal texture
- Figure 9 = 2nd SUBJECT. - Eb Minor now. Haunting, lyrical melody in the 1st violins Habenera Act 1 Scene 5 of Bizet's Carmen. Pulsating throbbing chords in the string and Harp punctuates chord changes.
- Figure 14 - Ascending Violin and Flute. There is an Eb Major moment to contrast to Eb Minor.
- Figure 17 = DEVELOPMENT. Number of composate sections which create a steady accumulation of intensity…