Land Use in Urban areas
Two main reasons for the change in land use in urban areas.
- increase for housing demand
- deindustrialisation, manufacturing has moved from urban areas in the UK to LICS.
Changing land use in Ubran areas:
- People are marrying later in life - the average age has gone up from 24 in 1960 to 30 in 2010.
- Theres been in a rise in the number of divorces which means that a family isnt living as a group but living in two different dwellings,
- Added problem of an ageing population. Many people living later on their own or with their spouse until they are 70-80. Therefore more houses needed for the younger generation.
- People can afford to buy or rent properties at an earlier age.
- 'Buy now and Pay later' means that many people in their twenties dont save money but spend…
Similar Geography resources: