Case Study: Cairo rapid growth in LICs
1) Reasons for rapid growth in urban LICs:
- lack of jobs in rural areas because of population growth and mechanisation
- salaries are lower in rural areas
- preception of a better life including education in urban areas
2) High natural increase in population caused by:
- youth of migrants, many of them are of a child breaing age
- better medical facilities in urban areas therefore infant mortality has lowered
- lack of contreception and knowledge about it
3) Positive effects of rapid growth:
- large pool of workers meaning that people will be willing to do low price hardworking jobs, which can be working in a dirty environment. eg: Zballeen who collect and recyle waste.
- purchasing power of such a large population which allows the economy to grow faster. Leading to expansion in the manufacturing and retail sectors.
Issues, causes and effects:
Noise Pollution - CAUSED by loud speakers coming from…