Velocity and Acceleration
Speed: How fast you are going. =distance/time m/s
Acceleration: How fast your velocity is changing. =change in velocity/time taken m/s squared
D-T and V-T Graphs
- Gradient= Speed.
- Steeper= Faster.
- Downhill= going back towards the starting point.
- Curves= Accelerating and Decceleration.
- Steepening= speeding up.
- Levelling off= Slowing down.
- Gradient= Acceleration.
- Flat= Steady speed.
- Steeper= Greater the acceleration or decceleration.
- Area under= Distance travelled.
- Curve= Changing acceleration.
Mass, Weight and Gravity
Gravity is force of attraction between all masses. It makes things accelerate towards the ground at 10m/s squared.
- Mass is the amount of stuff within an object.
- Weight is just the force of gravity pulling somthing towards center.
Weight(n) = mass(kg) x gravitational field strength(10).
Friction and Forces
Forces: Gravity, Reaction (caused by surface), Electrostatic (two charged objects), Thrust (engine or rocket), Lift, Tension (rope or cable).
Anything with a force feels a reaction force
Friction is always there.
When something starts falling it accelerates due to little resistance…