- Created by: totaloser
- Created on: 22-05-19 19:10
Q: Examine how the writer (Heaney) presents views on childhood in 'Hailstones' and one other poem of your choice
- Through a first person viewpoint
- Use of energetic verbs, relates to the theme of childhood and childish nature: 'hit and hit' 'made'
- Semantic field of childhood/education: 'classroom' 'ruler across the knuckles' 'brats'
- Use of foregrounding about the memory: 'something whipped and knowledgeable had withdrawn'
- Phonological effects to replicate the movement and sounds of hailstones: 'rattling the classroom window'
- Split into three parts to show the progression from present, to past and then back into the present