- Created by: rossbrooks123
- Created on: 10-05-16 20:24
Friction forces and terminal speed
- Friction allows things to slow down.
- Friction acts on a moving object. It acts in the opposite direction that the object is moving to.
- Frictional force will match the size of the force trying to move it, up to a point. However after this, when the force is greater than the frictional force the object will move faster.
- Friction makes objects slow down and stop.
- A driving force will always be required to overcome friction in order to travel at a steady speed.
- This is when friction between solid surfaces that are gripping to each other. This is also known as static friction.
- This is when there…