Cognitive-behavioural therapies focus on an individual’s symptoms; hallucinations and delusions and enhance their already developed coping strategies.
- Investigate coping strategies used during psychotic episodes
- 25 positive type schizophrenics were interviewed.
-Details of experience of found out including when and where they occur, emotional reactions and coping strategies.
- 1/3 identified triggers to symptoms
- 75% reported major distress
-1/3 reported distorted thinking
-75% disclosed the use of coping strategies such as distraction techniques
-it was concluded that schizophrenics use coping strategies to deal with their symptoms
- Evaluation - the interview relies on schizophrenics being able to communicate effectively and…