- Created by: CG24601
- Created on: 16-11-19 16:46
DIAGNOSIS AND CLASSIFICATION
Schizophrenia has no defining characteristic - it is a cluster of symptoms that appear unrelated.
The two major systems for classification of a mental disorder are:
- The World Health Organisation's International Classification of Disease edition 10 (ICD-10)
- Two or more negative symptoms can diagnose Sz.
- The American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual edition 5 (DSM-5)
- At least one positive symptom must be present.
Additional experiences beyond those of ordinary existence.
- Hallucinations: sensory experiences of stimuli that have either no basis in reality or are distorted perceptions of things that exist.
- Delusions: beliefs that have no basis in reality, for example, that the sufferer is someone else or that they are…