The Saxons- Community
- Theft-mostly low value goods: food, clothing, etc
- Murder- Though violent crime was a small minority of cases
- Blood feud- early system: If someone was killed, the victim's family could kill the murderer: just lead to more violence, didn't protect those who didn't want to use violence
- Wergild- System of compensation introduced due to spread of Christianity to replace blood feud.
- Mutilation- Used for habitual criminals, so that everyone would know they had commited a crime- Deterrent
- Death- For…