- assembly created that would serve as an advisory body to the tsar.
- Granted freedom of speech, assembly and press.
- Tsar retained absolute veto.
- There were 4 Dumas between 1906-1917. The first two Dumas were dismissed because against tsar. The last two Dumas survived longer because they supported the tsar.
- Those who oppose the tsar was crushed by the Okhrana.
- The press was censored and secret police was used to spy on people the Tsar feared.
THE IMPACT OF THE FIRST WORLD WAR ON RUSSIA
Russia entered the First World War with the great expectations of success. But in 1916, Russia had suffered defeat after defeat.
What were the effect of the war?
- Inflation increased- there were seven price rises between 1913-1917.
- 14 million men were called up to serve in the army and the demand of the horses also make it harder for the peasants to cultivate their land.
- Industry- there were shortage of workers and…