- Social:Overcrowded towns/ poor sanitation and water supplies, famine, long hours and little pay in factories, health and education services were power widening class divides,
- Economically: in 1914 small countries like Britain and Germany still out-produced Russia industrially.
- Politically: the Tsar was reluctant to share power with the Duma, he was ultimately an ineffective leader influenced by his wife and Rasputin.
- War: Over 1 million Russian troops were dead and 4 million had been wounded, workers in the cities were starving.
- Jan 1917-The anniversary of Bloody Sunday was commemmorated by large demonstrations.
- 22nd Feb…
Similar History resources: