*This is a checklist of all the questions you will need to be able to answer for the second half of the specification, from B1.4 to B1.8. You may find it helpful to print this off and tick each question off once you have revised it and can answer it easily :)
- What do animals compete for?
- What is an adaptation?
- What is meant by 'surface area to volume ratio' ?
- What adaptations may be typically found on arctic animals?
- What adaptations may be typically found on desert animals?
- What is an extremophile?
- What do plants compete for?
- What adaptations may be typically found on plants of dry environments?
- What factors change the distribution of organisms?
- How are living organisms used as indicators of pollution?
- What are some types of environmental change? (e.g. Deforestation)
Energy and Biomass
- What is biomass?
- What happens to it along the food chain and why?
- In what type of diagram can biomass be shown?
- How is energy lost from plants?
- How is energy lost from animals?